Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Valentine Greetings



I have been working today on my Valentine mingle for the Byhand Artist Yahoo group and thought I would share the finished results. I chose to do what is called Skinny Art (3"x 5"). This actually stands up like the old time photo folders that were sort of like a tent fold with a piece from the front that slipped into the back. Hope that is clear to everyone because I don't know how else to describe it.

The main image was very kindly supplied as a freebie from Brenda Braun at Decadence2ArtBar - http://decadence2artbar.blogspot.com/ - thanks a bunch Brenda. The ribbon is organza from Close To My Heart (believe it is Holiday Red), the tiny key dangling from the ribbon at the bottom right is from EK Success (Jolee's Boutique), the lace is left over from making my friends wedding garter last year (there's the love connection) and the gold hinges at the top are punch outs from Paper Pisazz's Hardware collection as is the little key hole in the heart at the bottom. I had fun putting this together even if it did take me the better part of a day to be happy with the placement of each of the elements before applying glue.

2 comments:

She Who Runs Amok said...

Awesome work! :-)

Gabrielle Madsen said...

Absolutely gorgeous....now have to hope I win this month, giggle.