Monday, March 24, 2008

Paris - Eiffel Tower


The monthly card lottery theme on Persnickety Stampers happens to be Paris this month. So what do you do if you have absolutely no stamps that fit that theme (no, running out and buying some was not an option LOL). Well clip art and my computer to the rescue. It's plain and simple but I like it.
The Eiffel Tower image came from some Dover Publishing clip art that I tore off the paper, coloured the trees below with pencil crayon and highlighted the tower with some black and gray, mounted on some black paper and torn again. The wording is a font on my computer called Amore (kind of appropriate I thought) spaced on my paper and printed so that I could tape my cardstock over the words where I wanted them on the card and then run through the printer again. Had to do each line seperately as I needed to change the direction of the cardstock to get the placement. The leafy border is done using a Fiskars border punch but spaced instead of making it continuous. Mounted this to a piece of black cardstock so it would show through the leaves and then the whole was mounted to a white base card. The steel gray you see around the card is not part of it but just the sheet of cardstock I use in my scanner when I'm scanning white cards otherwise they don't show up very well.

1 comment: